Ariana Grande has cancelled her world tour following the attack at her concert in England this week, but her heart is with her fans – specifically the victims. The singer has reportedly offered to pay for their funerals.
A FATHER of three young daughters has penned a touching open letter to Ariana Grande, offering some words of advice to a singer still reeling from the shocking terrorist attack outside her Manchester concert earlier this week.
Grande has cancelled her next seven planned concert dates and is, at this stage, set to resume her Dangerous Woman world tour in Paris on June 7.
Her sole public comment so far has been a tweet posted in the hours following the bombing, in which she declared that she was “broken.”
from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) May 23, 2017
“From the bottom of my heart, I am so so sorry. I don’t have words,” she wrote.
In a letter posted to his Twitter account and retweeted more than 4,000 times, American film producer and father-of-three Patrick Millsaps offered Grande a few words of advice about self-care.
An open letter to @ArianaGrande #ManchesterBombing #ManchesterStrong #arianastaystrong #ArianaGrandeConcert #love #hope #peace #song pic.twitter.com/Sx7IPj3UIe
— Patrick Millsaps (@PatrickMillsaps) May 24, 2017
“Dear Miss Grande, I am the father of three daughters — ages 13, 12 & 12. So, you have been a part of our family for years,” he began.
“Since you are a part of our family and after reading a tweet you posted on the Twitter the other night; I’m afraid I need to set you straight girl. So listen up and receive some redneck love from a daddy of daughters.
“You are no more responsible for the actions of an insane coward who committed an evil act in your proximity than you would be for a devastating natural disaster or acts of morons near your hotel.”
Millsaps says that Grande should not push herself to stick to a pre-organised tour schedule. While her shows up until June 7 have been cancelled, her management have said that the tour is “suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost.”
Millsaps said Grande should listen to her own gut and not the ‘experts’ around her.
“In your line of work, you have so many experts who are now ‘strategizing’ what you should do next … these ‘experts’ don’t have a freaking clue what you are processing right now.
“Spend time with your God, your family and your friends who will give you space and support when you need it.”
“When and only when you are ready, SING AGAIN. Music is the international language of peace. Every time you open your mouth and share that incredible God-given gift to the world, you make this crappy world a little less crappy.”
Saying it was “unsolicited advice from a fat dude in Georgia who loves his daughters,” he signed off with one simple instruction: “Take care of you first. Your fans aren’t going anywhere.”
Grande jetted home to the US after the concert, and was pictured disembarking from a private plane on the runway and being comforted by boyfriend Mac Miller.
Her father Edward Butera, 58, and mum Joan, 59, are supporting the singer.
Butera said: “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families of Manchester.”
Grande was reportedly left “in hysterics” and “inconsolable” by the bombing, which casts doubt on the remainder of her Dangerous Woman world tour. The singer is scheduled to play five dates across Australia this September.
The father and two brothers of the suicide bomber who killed 22 people in the foyer outside Grande’s Manchester concert have been arrested. His younger brother was allegedly planning his own attack.
Grande’s young fanbase have latched on to one of the singer’s hits, One Last Time, as a soundtrack to their mourning. Originally released as a single two years ago, the song is again climbing iTunes charts worldwide as stirring crowd footage circulates showing the Manchester audience singing along to the hit during the show:
Millsaps’ letter can be read in full below: